The rumoured Bonneville Speedmaster 2018 – is rumoured no more.
Triumph Motorcycles have launched the new Bonneville Speedmaster – after teasing the bike on the 18th September, in a short video. The launch took place at Triumph’s visitor centre which is set to open doors to the public for the new ‘Triumph Visitor Experience’ on the 1st November 2017.
WHAT’S NEW ON THE NEW TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE SPEEDMASTER?
If you’re pondering on how similar it looks to the Bobber, it won’t surprise you to know that some of the DNA of the Bonneville Bobber, is indeed present in the New Bonneville Speedmaster. In fact, the Speedmaster utilises the latest iteration of the 1200cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin, that you’ll find in the T120 and Bobber. However, Triumph has managed to squeeze 10% more torque than the T120 at 4,500rpm, which means 42% more than the 2015 Speedmaster.
A noticeable addition also, is the rear subframe which creates the potential for a pillion seat, as well as the capacity to carry luggage.
You may venture to say that the new Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster, is the big brother to the Bonneville Bobber. Though with its swept back beach bars and classic 50s cruiser style somewhat more laid back. Triumph have a reasonably good idea who’s going to purchase the Speedmaster so comfort is high on the consideration list. The Speedmaster’s low riding position, forward positioned footpegs and fully adjustable seat, will make this bike appealing to those who are looking to tour comfortably.
Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster 2018 Specifications – Abrdiged
- Type – Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
- Capacity – 1200 cc
- Bore Stroke – 97.6 / 80mm
- Compression – 10.0:1
- Max Power EC – 77 PS/ 76 Bhp (57 kW) @ 6,100 rpm
- Max Torque EC – 106 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
- System – Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust – Chromed stainless steel 2 into 2 twin-skin exhaust system with chromed stainless silencers
- Final drive – Chain
- Clutch – Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox – 6-Speed
- Front Wheels – 32-spoke, 16 x 2.5in
- Rear Wheels – 32-spoke, 16 x 3.5in
- Brakes Front – Twin 310 mm disc, Brembo 2-piston floating calipers, ABS
- Brakes Rear – Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single piston floating caliper, ABS